1. 20 green Serrano chili peppers
2. 3 tablespoons coriander (dhania)
3. 1-1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds (saunf)
4. 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
5. 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
6. 1/8 teaspoon asafetida (hing)
7. 3 teaspoons salt
8. 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
9. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
10. 1 tablespoon vinegar
11. 2 tablespoons oil, mustard oil preferred
1. Wash and dry the chilies and cut a vertical lengthwise slit in each one.
2. Combine coriander, fennel, and fenugreek seeds. Grind coarsely. Add salt, mango powder, and turmeric to the ground spices. Mix well.
3. Heat oil until quite hot, and pour over the dry ingredient mixture. Mix well.
4. Add vinegar and mix well, again.
5. Stuff the spice mix into the green peppers and place in a glass jar.
6. I prefer to cut each chili in two pieces – easy to consume.(optional)
7. Let the jar sit two days at room temperature or one day in direct sunlight. Chili Pickle will keep in the refrigerator up to one month.
Butter - 3/4 stick or you can use cooking oil - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 3
1 cup - full cream
Milk - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 cup (I used 3/4 cup of powdered sugar but you may use normal sugar)
All-purpose Flour - 2 cups
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Tutty fruity - 200 grams
Salt - a big pinch
• Sieve in dry ingredients
• Now, mix in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
• Fold tutty fruity into the batter and pour it into the greased pan or you can use parchment paper for easy cleanup
• Bake in pre heated oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, until a knife inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean
Please keep an eye on the cake after 35 mins as the timing would depend on the kind of oven being used. Mine took almost an
hour to get fully baked
• Cut only when it cools down completely
Tip: Add a teaspoon of flour to tutty fruity & mix well and then add the same to the batter. This will avoid sinking of the tutty fruity to the bottom of the pan in the cake batter.
Pindi Chana, Ginger -Garlic Infused Oil Kulche & Raw Mango/Onion Pickle in Mustard Oil ~ Deepa's Kitchen
Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful mom and to all the moms I know! Enjoy your day!!#mothersdayspecial #formymom #missyoumom #bestmotherihave #thankyouforbeingthere #poha #deepaskitchen #sundaybreakfast