1. 20 green Serrano chili peppers
2. 3 tablespoons coriander (dhania)
3. 1-1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds (saunf)
4. 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
5. 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
6. 1/8 teaspoon asafetida (hing)
7. 3 teaspoons salt
8. 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
9. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
10. 1 tablespoon vinegar
11. 2 tablespoons oil, mustard oil preferred
1. Wash and dry the chilies and cut a vertical lengthwise slit in each one.
2. Combine coriander, fennel, and fenugreek seeds. Grind coarsely. Add salt, mango powder, and turmeric to the ground spices. Mix well.
3. Heat oil until quite hot, and pour over the dry ingredient mixture. Mix well.
4. Add vinegar and mix well, again.
5. Stuff the spice mix into the green peppers and place in a glass jar.
6. I prefer to cut each chili in two pieces – easy to consume.(optional)
7. Let the jar sit two days at room temperature or one day in direct sunlight. Chili Pickle will keep in the refrigerator up to one month.