½ cup curds (dahi)
1½ tsp green chilli paste
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1½ tsp fruit salt
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai / sarson)
1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Combine the semolina, curds, green chilli paste, 1 tbsp of oil, salt and 1½ cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Just before steaming the dhoklas, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
3. Pour the batter immediately into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter greased thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
4. Steam in a steamer for 12 minutes. Keep aside.
5. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
6. Pour the tempering over the dhoklas, sprinkle the coriander evenly over it.
7. Cool slightly andcut into equal sized squares pieces. Serve immediately with green chutney.